A window into the world which is nursing school. We make the best of friends and the worst of enemies. We get our hands dirty. We study more in a week than in a month of an undergrad course. And we love every minute of it!



Tuesday, January 19, 2010

First day of school!

Kind of. The semester officially starts today, however Tuesday is my study day. :) So I am trying to finish my readings (9 chapters due the first day). The piece of advice that I keep hearing over and over again is that organization is key. Since I have 3 classes, one of which has a lecture, lab and clinical, there is a lot of different stuff due at different times. Add to that 7 textbooks and multiple study guides, online videos, etc., I can totally understand how easy it would be to miss something. So I started a Google Calendar, which is FANtastic. If you've never used it, I strongly suggest it. Free dayplanner, online. Genius.

Seeing as how there is so much info to organize and learn, my next logical thought is, "What am I going to do with so little free time (namely, I'm going to miss my hubby, kids and friends!)?" So John and I decided to have a few couples over for a game/cocktail night. Seriously, best way to kick off the school year. We had mojitos and played Apples to Apples, a newly discovered, hilarious game. I've discovered who in my life is who, and what purpose they serve in my life. I have the most supportive husband on earth, kids who are both aspiring to be nurses (*tear!) and friends who will miss me while I'm studying, but understand that they are not being neglected and will never assume I'm too busy to be invited! Add in my extended family and a few friends how have not let miles distance us, and that is my new network. My CHOSEN network. With limited time, I'm delegating who gets the spare minutes. :)

Enough rambling, I'm headed back to the books. 1 chapter in my fundamentals text and 2 in my physical exam text and I'm set for lecture readings for week 1! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment