A window into the world which is nursing school. We make the best of friends and the worst of enemies. We get our hands dirty. We study more in a week than in a month of an undergrad course. And we love every minute of it!



Saturday, May 1, 2010

The semester is coming to a close and I'm so ready to rejoin the world of the living.  I've already planned a party for the weekend after finals!  I've finished all of my papers and extra credit projects, and the only things I have left are:

1. 1 nursing care plan
2. 1 lab module (ostomy and enema care- WHOO HOO!  lol)
3. 2 pharmacology online quizzes
5. Read 5 chapters.
6. STUDY FOR FINALS!!!!!!!

I have Pharmacology and Nursing Fundamentals this semester.  The pharmacology final is 100 questions worth 50 points, not sure how much of it is cumulative and how much is new information.  But the fundamentals final is 100 questions worth 100 points, 75% of which is new information.  SCARY.  And these are some of the least appealing topics of the semester: Fluid and electrolyte balance, sleep, urine and bowel elimination and death, dying and grieving.  Oy vey.

I registered for fall classes this week.  Next semester I will be taking Medical Surgical Nursing and Mental Health Nursing.  I am super excited, as next semester we will be learning more invasive procedures such as IV and catheter insertions, and we will be working at the hospitals in the area.  My med surg clinical will be at one of the larger teaching hospitals, which is FABULOUS.  I have heard that we will work in many different units, including the emergency room and operating room!  Boy did my surgery-junkie ears perk right up at that!  I got a great schedule with professors that are reputed to be excellent.  Wasn't expecting all of my professors to be men, then scolded myself for such sexist thinking, lol.

But I'm getting ahead of myself.  I am so ready for summer!  My house is a disaster area right now, so goal #1 of day #1 off from class is cleaning my house.  Then the plan for day #2 is to not make any more plans unless they involve relaxation, sunshine or great friends!  I'm hoping the kids can meet some other kids in the neighborhood this summer so we don't have to go out and about to keep entertained.  I'm ready to relax!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment