Been awhile, huh? Well, my laptop was dead again, got a new hard drive, and once again I'm up and blogging! Nothing super new and exciting recently, just practicing the same old stuff. I shouldn't say that. Every patient is different, but at the beginning there are so many new skills jammed at you and now, it's really just putting that into motion. So far I've seen a patient with dementia who had us absolutely convinced that she crochets and the mean nurses took away her crochet hook. She doesn't crochet, she just believes she crochets and took her roommates crocheted hat. I've seen uterine prolapse. I've seen an unstageable skin ulcer that has turned black it's so advanced. My friends have seen people bleed out of there pores, been hit by angry, confused patients. Oh, and I can't forget the lady we gave a shower and backrub to who told us it felt better than an orgasm. Priceless. :P But yeah, school is great.
Oh, I almost forgot about the obnoxious guy! Student, not patient. He's annoyed us all semester, got out of doing any work for a group project, and gets a kick out of starting "cat fights". He disrupted class the other day, upset the head of the department, and is chipping away at getting kicked out of the program. That's pretty exciting, lol.
So that's it for now. I'll probably remember more and add to this as I go. :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


Welcome back to the blogging world!
ReplyDeleteFunny stories! Thanks for updating us. O, and congrats on getting the computer back up again. Long live the new hard drive!!!
ReplyDelete